To apply, send letter of interest and resume to Mtotten@macg.com
EdgeCo Holdings, Inc. (“EdgeCo”), and its subsidiaries are leading providers of technology-enabled retirement solutions for the small and mid-sized retirement plan market. EdgeCo is the ultimate parent company of Mid Atlantic Capital Group, Inc. (“MACG”), and First Mercantile Trust Company (“FMT”), of which American Trust Retirement (“ATR”) is a division.
Mid Atlantic Trust is a South Dakota chartered non-depository trust organization that provides directed trustee, custody, sub-custody, recordkeeping or paying agent services for its institutional customers, which include institutional investors, financial institutions, trust companies, and pension trusts.
First Mercantile Trust is a Tennessee charted non-depository trust that provides directed trustee and custody services as well as sponsorship of collective investment trusts (CITs).
The Trust Compliance Officer is responsible for ensuring Mid Atlantic Trust Company (MATC) and First Mercantile Trust (FMT) comply with their outside regulatory requirements and internal policies. The Trust Compliance Officer reports to the Chief Compliance Officer within the Risk & Corporate Compliance group.
- Manages the MATC Anti-Money Laundering (AML) program, including, but not limited, to ensuring the Company keeps and maintains all required AML records, filing Suspicious Activity Reports with FinCEN as appropriate, overseeing communication and training for employees, and monitoring processes that compare customer data against appropriate government lists.
- Works with third party vendors to complete customer identification verification procedures.
- Develops, initiates, maintains and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
- Manages the day-to-day operation of the Compliance program.
- Collaborates with other departments (Internal Audit, Operations) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Consults with the corporate attorney as needed to resolve difficult legal compliance issues.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and standards of conduct by revaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures. Develops and oversees a system for uniform handling of such violations.
- Acts as an independent review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Provides reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep the Trust Committee of the Board of Directors, the Board of Directors, and senior management informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
- Ensures proper reporting of violations or potential violations to duly authorized enforcement agencies as appropriate and/or required.
- Monitors the performance of the Compliance Program and related activities on a continuing basis, taking appropriate steps to improve its effectiveness.
- Assists with Trust Company customer due diligence visits and requests.
- Ensures outreach to Trust Company customers at least annually to certify compliance with contractual obligations.
- Assists with enterprise-wide third-party vendor management program including performance and documentation of initial and annual assessment.
Bachelor’s Degree and/or commensurate experience in financial services.
Memphis, TN, Pittsburgh, PA or Dubuque, IA.
Note that there may be some limited travel depending upon the primary work location of the applicant.
Compensation will consist of a base salary and bonus program. ATR’s benefit package includes health, dental, life, vision, paid vacation and personal time off, and 401(k) match (after applicable waiting periods).
Contact: To apply, send letter of interest and resume to Mtotten@macg.com
Equal Opportunity Employment
EdgeCo Holdings, Inc., along with its subsidiaries Mid Atlantic Capital Group, Inc., and First Mercantile Trust Company, is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.