To apply, send letter of interest and resume to Mtotten@macg.com
EdgeCo Holdings, Inc. (“EdgeCo”), and its subsidiaries are leading providers of technology-enabled retirement solutions for the small and mid-sized retirement plan market. EdgeCo is the ultimate parent company of Mid Atlantic Capital Group, Inc. (“MACG”), and American Trust Company (“ATC”).
The Plan Administration Specialist is mainly responsible for performing compliance nondiscrimination testing and Form 5500 reporting for our clients’ defined contribution plans. This is required to assure that retirement plans remain qualified, and that contributions and benefits are tested and allocated properly, within regulatory deadlines.
- Analyzing annual or mid-year census information from clients and completing annual nondiscrimination testing requirements, which may include but are not limited to determining if eligibility provisions have been calculated correctly and calculating and preparing proposals for year-end or true-up employer allocations.
- Performing required testing such as “average deferral percentage/average contribution percentage,” Top Heavy, Coverage, Compensation Nondiscrimination, General Nondiscrimination, and Control Group Determinations.
- Ensuring that neither participants nor client plans exceed IRS and plan limits.
- Having the ability to learn and perform advanced annual nondiscrimination testing, to include but not be limited to new comparability allocations, integrated allocations, and average benefit testing.
- Calculating employer allocation projections for existing clients.
- Preparing Form 5500 and other reporting, which may include (among other things) reconciling plan financial statements, preparing annual audit packages for applicable plans and providing audit support to auditors and clients.
- Preparing other government filings as required such as Form 8955SSA, Form 5558, and Form 5330.
- Providing support to internal and external partners for compliance testing and reporting.
- Identifying and recognizing any compliance issues that arise from a plan’s testing and reporting process, and analyzing and recommending corrective action related to such issues. Logging workload information into database for tracking purposes.
- Associate degree or relevant work experience.
- Three or more years of experience working with retirement or pension plans is preferred.
- Industry-recognized designations (ASPPA, etc.) are a plus.
- Experience with or ability to learn Relius Administration, FTWilliam, CRM, Access, Excel, Word, Adobe, and Relius Documents.
- Ability to read and interpret retirement benefit plan documents.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to meet regulatory deadlines as well as team and personal goals.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and prioritize workload.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Able to react to change productively.
- Strong knowledge of ERISA, the Internal Revenue Code, and other relevant laws and regulations.
Compensation will consist of a base salary and bonus program. Benefit package includes health, dental, life, vision, paid time off and 401(k) match (after applicable waiting periods).
Contact: To apply, send letter of interest and resume to Mtotten@macg.com
Equal Opportunity Employment
EdgeCo Holdings, Inc., along with its subsidiaries Mid Atlantic Capital Group, Inc., and American Trust Company, is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate against employees or applicants for employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.